Saturday, September 19, 2009

Hold on

Yesterday I went to my wonderful acupuncturist, Dr.Borgna and here is what I learned:

When you are grieving, better to do it with people than alone. In some cultures, there are professional mourners, who come to funerals and help people cry and wail. I could do that. I do prefer to have someone around me or on the phone. Now I know why, it's much healthier.

When you are going through difficult times, always wear a sweater or a scarf, because your lungs are more vulnerable to infection, viruses, etc.

I need to eat more protein, including bacon and eggs. My favorite health foods! Healthy bacon and eggs, organic, etc. He said I've been eating too many carbs, pasta, brown rice and salads and need more meat...fish or chicken.

I need to do a form of Tai Chi and soon.


My amazing friend David has been sending me the most beautiful videos and each time they uplift me and make my day. I tried to embed the one he sent me this morning, "Hold On" by Sarah McLachlan, into the post, but for some reason I couldn't. So if you have a few minutes, I suggest you go to You Tube and take a look at it. It's beautiful.

Thank you, David.

1 comment:

Stacey J. Warner said...

Hi Robin,

Just popped over from Mommy's on a Time Out...I could feel your sadness so I'm sending you lots of love...you might enjoy my blog.

much love