Saturday, April 25, 2009

A Susan Boyle a day

I just have to say that I have probably looked at the You Tube video of Susan Boyle at least ten times in the past ten days and I think that I should look at it every day. It just makes me so happy and so emotional. I love her. And I love the judges, I love that the videos have been viewed over fifty million times and I love that talent really does will out. (The exact quote was by Freddy Mercury: "talent will out, my dears.")

I love that it's never too late to go after your dreams.

I wish I could sing well, but I am grateful for whatever talents I do have. And I am happy that You Tube exists and we were able to see that amazing clip. And I love that no matter how many times I see it, it still makes me happy.

And I also have to add that today was the most beautiful, perfect day. I took a long walk through the city and saw cherry blossoms along with many other blossoming trees. And I had a delicious bittersweet chocolate ice cream cone and a really lovely day with friends. This week I have to get over to the Brooklyn Botanic Gardens to see the cherry blossoms and lilacs.

I love this time of year.


1 comment:

anniemcq said...

It is cold and rainy here, too, but the greens are so lush, and the flowers so vibrant. I have some new pics of our dogwood tree up on Flickr. It's good to feel happy, isn't it? I love you, friend.