Monday, April 27, 2009

In praise of sisterhood

I just want to say that somehow in the past six months, it feels like my life has changed dramatically in one significant way: my connection to women.

It's not that I haven't always appreciated and loved my women friends and respected their strength, it just feels that I am less afraid to really trust them. My relationships with women have sometimes had an underlying sense of competition, which I guess comes from my childhood with my sister. Recently though, I am so grateful for all the love and support I've been getting from women and I guess those feelings are changing.

Isn't interesting that no matter how old you get, you can always grow and improve.

1 comment:

Mia said...

I used to think that reliance on friends was a sign of weakness, that if you were really strong you could go it alone. Now I know that friendship is one of the joys of being human and that far from being a sign of weakness it takes incredible skill to excel in friendship—and I'm still learning that skill.