Monday, August 29, 2011

Gratitude today

I couldn't let this morning pass without saying how grateful I am for getting through this past week - with its many challenges.  First we had a 5.9 earthquake to deal with and although I didn't actually feel it, it definitely scared me!  And before we had a chance to process that unusual occurrence, we had a serious hurricane bearing down on us.

I would say that the entire east coast deserves a break.  This morning is so beautiful, bright blue skies and cool temperatures, it's a perfect day to be grateful for having survived a very intense week.  

I have to admit, I was a bit scared about the hurricane and I definitely went stir crazy waiting - but I did quite a bit of de-cluttering and ate well (thanks to Nate, Abigail's son) and I read and went to the gym.  I'm sorry that the storm caused so many problems, but hopefully we won't face anything like this past week again for another seventy or so years. 

No comments: