Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Going to divorce court

Well, I never imagined that I would have to go to family court regarding a divorce, but as I think of it now, why wouldn't I, since so many friends have gone before me?  Why would I be exempt from the fun of watching lawyers spar and a judge and her secretary make comments about my marriage, without ever knowing either one of us.


So I have gone through that rite of passage and survived the first trip to court.  Ironically, it's located at 71 Thomas Street downtown in Tribeca.  The first place we lived when we moved to Manhattan was 60 Thomas Street.  I never knew family court was right across the street from us.


I survived and I'm quite sure I'll survive the next trip to court.  I wish we didn't have to do this, but I guess it's one of those life experiences that I am supposed to have.  Yet another life experience that will definitely find it's way into my writing, I'm sure. We'll be back in two months - it's quite an education I'm having.

No comments: