Monday, October 20, 2008

Sexy sister goddesses

This past weekend, I spent from Friday night through Sunday evening in the company of some of the most courageous and beautiful women I've ever met. (And they are all ages, races and sizes.) I can't say much more than it was brilliant and powerful and fun and that sisterhood for me has never felt so real. Something like 150 women came together again (2nd weekend) from all over the world to be enlightened, supportive, moved and most of all to have fun and pleasure. (We call ourselves "pleasure researchers.") Regina Thomashauer is onto something big. Mama Gena's School of Womanly Arts is a place where women reclaim their power on so many levels. I can't say much more than that because I wouldn't want to spoil the fun of anyone who decides to take her Mastery. I would just say, as a big skeptic, who has found in the past few years the tremendous power of community, this experience is brilliant.

Saturday night as part of our "homework" we went to a club on the lower east side and just getting dressed up to go out, taking a car service into Manhattan, crossing the Manhattan Bridge and looking at the moon over the New York City skyline was thrilling enough - but our assignment was to get a kiss from a man we found attractive. I met a cute young man (30's?) who is an aide worker on his way to Afghanistan for a year and a half and I got my kiss. And so did many of my sister goddesses - I think that he had the night of his life. What a lovely young man.

And, in case you think that Mama Gena's is about flirting with young men, it's not. It's about finding pleasure and if you're married, bringing that into the marriage. And if you're single, looking for men (or women) who will love and worship you. And most of all, loving and appreciating ourselves. No more "I'm too old, I'm too fat, I hate my thighs."

Next stop: Miami. November 7-9th. I can't wait.

And what I loved most was that I didn't pay one bit of attention to the news and at the end, I got to see Colin Powell's amazing endorsement of Obama on "Meet the Press." What a fantastic weekend! I feel so hopeful and happy!

1 comment:

anniemcq said...

Hmmmmmmm. I think I'll be checking this out!