Monday, October 6, 2008

F.O.W.

Fear of Winter...I can feel it looming, especially this year, given the state of the country and the world.

Less daylight, five or so months of cold weather, snow, rain, darkness, it hits me every fall and although I love this season, I always feel anxious about how I am going to handle another winter. It's not so bad that I'm thinking of moving to Florida or anything and it may sound silly, but having suffered from depression a few times in my life, the winter's always tough. I know I'm not alone. The mornings are difficult for me. I wake up and don't want to get out of bed. And in the middle of the night, I lie in bed and worry...and obsess. Once I get going, I do my meditation, reading and some exercise, I usually feel better.

I think that the most important thing is to remember to breathe and to be in the moment.
By the way, I wanted to put up a new photo, but the one that's up is too big! If anyone knows how to make it smaller, please let me know. Thanks!

2 comments:

Mia said...

I don't think it's too big—and it's so beautiful!

Robin Amos Kahn said...

I think it's gigantic! Steve took the photo and he's good.