Tuesday, October 20, 2009

"The Boys Are Back"

Yesterday, at a Writers' Guild screening I saw Michael Moore's film "Capitalism: A Love Story" which I thought was really important and worth seeing.  Today I saw "The Boys Are Back" with Clive Owen, which I thought was wonderful too.

This is one of the great privileges of being a member of a guild, that we get to see films before they are released. I found this one very moving and as a parent, I remembered many of the struggles I felt raising my daughter.  The story takes place in Australia (the scenery is extraordinarily beautiful) and the plot is Clive Owen's character loses his beloved wife and has to raise his young son alone.  He has another son from an earlier marriage who comes from England to stay with them.  It's beautifully acted and directed.  Both young actors are fantastic, and Clive Owen is better than I've ever seen him. 


I went with two friends, Karen and Barbara, and we all loved it, although it was quite emotionally difficult.  I'm glad I saw it.  I'm glad films like this are still being made.   

1 comment:

Stacey J. Warner said...

I want to see the BOYS ARE BACK, now I will...probably rent because I won't hire a babysitter for a movie...LOL!