Sunday, June 28, 2009

Summer retreat in Connecticut 2009

If all goes well (and as my mother would say, don't give it a kinnahura) in a few hours I should be on the road with my friends John and Marsha heading to a retreat in West Cornwall, Connecticut. It's the Unity retreat I've gone on for the past three or so years, or is it just two? I can't remember. This year the theme is "Follow The Yellow Brick Road" I believe. I don't care. I just love being at the Trinity Conference Center, which consists of a two-story large house with about fifty or so guest rooms, a few other smaller houses scattered on the property, ten or so acres of land with a river running alongside it, (the Hoosatonic River). The food is delicious, all locally grown and healthy, not vegetarian, but plenty of veggies and salads and desserts to choose from. I can't wait to breathe in the clean air, take walks and get some exercise, meditate and get out of the city. A few weeks ago, I told Paul, the founder and minister of Unity, that my mother recently died and I had a few other difficult issues on my plate and he said, that's why you're here. This community is going to take care of you. So I look forward to being with lovely people and soaking in the support and love.

The first time I went on the retreat I barely knew anyone, I had only gone to their concert and enjoyed the music after a friend invited me. It was during a time my mother had pneumonia and was on hospice care. I signed up for the retreat on an impulse and I became "the woman who didn't know anyone and had the guts to come on a retreat." Now I am going to be able to feel all the feelings that come up for me and to know that I will be safe.

After the retreat, I'm going to visit my dear friend Julie and her husband Keith in Bethel, Ct. for the 4th of July. I am looking forward to that too.

Have a great holiday weekend.

2 comments:

Mia said...

Enjoy! I'll be happy thinking of you in such good supportive company.

WonderousWomanRetreat said...

Dear Robin,

Consider to join us for A Wonderous Woman Retreat
on August 13,14,and 15

The Wonderous Woman retreat program leads and encourages every woman to connect to all facets of her purpose and value. Our approach is to create experiential retreats in beautiful venues where you can connect to your mind, body and spirit.

It's easy to take care of everyone else in our lives, but we tend to forget about ourselves.