Saturday, June 6, 2009

Reminders

It is hard to go through a separation and there is plenty in my life to feel sadness and fear. But I also know that there are far more difficult challenges in life. Challenges that have to do with life and death, loss of people we love, fear of our own mortality. I guess suffering brings us closer to God, if we believe in that - and if we don't, I think we find something we can believe in - taking care of our bodies, meditation, yoga, whatever helps and gives us comfort.

I feel very much a part of humanity now, very much in the moment, the pleasure of a beautiful spring day, time spent with my dogs in the park. Whatever I can find that gives me comfort, I am appreciating. And I am filled with gratitude for the people and four legged friends I have in my life.

No comments: