Wednesday, November 19, 2008

"Pray the Devil Back to Hell"

I haven't seen it yet, but I hear it's an excellent film. This description is from Mama Gena (Regena Thomashauer):

"It is a story of sisterhood, a story of a group of diverse women in Liberia who come together, create community, find their voices, live their truth, train their men, and stop a war.
Sisters, these women stopped a WAR. With LOVE.
Thrilling, moving, inspiring.
And what is especially fulfilling for me is that I get to witness and live inside this move every day: women coming together to create a new reality. Women creating community. Finding their voices, living their truth, and creating their lives as a living prayer to their own divinity.
This is all so possible in our lifetime.
I want this for every woman on Earth."


And here's a quote of the day sent to me by a friend. I'm not sure my husband would agree with all of it, but here goes:

'Whatever you give a woman, she will make greater. If you give her sperm, she'll give you a baby. If you give her a house, she'll give you a home. If you give her groceries, she'll give you a meal. If you give her a smile, she'll give you her heart.

She multiplies and enlarges what is given to her....

So, if you give her any crap, be ready to receive a ton of shit.'


No comments: