Wednesday, May 30, 2012

My week in Paris

My friend, Bella, and I went back to Paris together for the first time in over seven years.  We used to go occasionally and stay at her building on the Isle de la Cite, which she shares with her fraternal twin, Meret. 

We started going when our kids were young, in 1996.  And over the years, I've gone with Bella, my ex husband and with my daughter.  But for the last five or six years the building, which was built in the 16th Century was in such bad shape, that it needed a gut renovation.

It's hard to believe it's the same building.  I loved it before, but now it's incredibly beautiful.  I'll write more soon about it, but the whole week was so great for me - not as great for Bella, she was working so hard with trying to get things for the apartments and shopping, as well as taking things out of storage.  I tried to help too, but there was just too much to do. 

I am so grateful that I had a week in my favorite city.  Will write more soon and add some photos.  It was such a gift, I can't believe that I was so lucky.  (My purse was stolen while I was there, so it wasn't all perfect, but I still enjoyed the trip.)

No comments: