Monday, November 28, 2011

Just living

I guess I've been quiet these days because I've been busy and living life and working on a book.  My meditation practice continues - imperfectly.  The holidays were remarkably stress-free and relaxing. I can't wait for Christmas and New Year's. The play is moving forward.  I watched the documentary about Woody Allen on American Masters and learned something I never knew about him - that doing stand-up was torturous for him at first, because he was so shy, but he persevered.  


I am not looking forward to winter - except that it's the time of year I really get to read as many books as I can.  I also signed up for a swing dancing class last month and it was the highlight of my week.  It will continue in December.


I am thinking about my friend who is going through a difficult period with cancer.  After radiation, they put him on an oral treatment, which has been exhausting.  I'm praying for him to get through all of this and to start feeling better soon.  He's had tremendous support from his sons and many of his close friends. 


Occupy Wall Street seems to have entered a different phase now that the city has cleared Zuccotti Park.  I'm not sure how the work will continue, but I do think that it has at least changed the conversation and hopefully, will affect our next election. 

No comments: