Monday, May 24, 2010

Mama Gena, the weekend, FUN!

I worked hard this weekend at the Mama Gena mastery, except it doesn't feel like work, it feels amazing to be in the presence of so many women from all over the world who are getting turned on to life and to themselves.  It's emotional, it's wild, it's sisterhood in action, it's everything I never really experienced in my life before.  I hated sororities, I always felt either threatened or competitive with women, I now appreciate and enjoy their company and their talents and beauty.  And no, I'm not dating any women, but I do love them and I appreciate myself in a way that I never have before. 

For years I was in therapy and I did my time on anti-depressants - and anyone who's read this blog knows this past year has been quite a challenge.  I wouldn't change a moment of it and I wish that all the women I know and love could have the opportunity to experience this mastery.  Or at least read her books and get the message that when we are turned on by life, and giving ourselves some pleasure for even just a few minutes every day (it could be sitting with a cup of tea and looking at a tree, or listening to music, or taking a dance break, or walking through a park, or taking a bath, whatever turns you on) - if you figure out how to do the work you love and nurture yourself, your life gets better and so does everyone around you. 

No comments: