Saturday, February 27, 2010

Eggplant Parmigiana therapy

Sometimes you just need to eat something that comforts you.  If you've been reading this blog for awhile, you'll probably remember some days last summer when I was a bit of a wreck - (no point in going back there).  But as you'll recall, the Divorce Diet (you can eat anything you want and you don't gain weight) is a thing to be appreciated, so tonight, I was deciding between Mexican food and Italian food and once again eggplant parmigiana won out.  

We've had a couple of days of snow, my dog Lucy is recovering from a urinary tract infection which requires frequent walks, I'm tired of winter and life is complicated.  I deserve some comfort.  Today there was an 8.8 earthquake in Chile and fears of tsunamis in Hawaii, which fortunately didn't happen.  There is always a war, an earthquake, death, illness...and there is also dancing, beautiful days (today was a perfect day - warm enough to melt much of the snow), friends, and eggplant parmigiana.  Interestingly, the eggplant was better in Brooklyn!  It was cheaper and tastier. Turns out that Grimaldi's in Fort Greene is truly an excellent restaurant. 

The point is - I'm going to enjoy the divorce diet as long as I can, and I will probably need a cannoli very soon. 

No comments: