Saturday, June 9, 2012

The Tools

I recommend this book highly - "The Tools" by Phil Stutz and Bary Michels, two L.A. therapists who have developed a technique which is an "open secret" in Hollywood.  I think of it as The 12 Steps Meets Jung.  

One of the quotes in the front of the book is, "The things which hurt, instruct." Benjamin Franklin.  I couldn't agree more.  The best part of my journey these past three years (today is the third anniversary of my mother's death) has been the unbelievably powerful lessons I've learned.  I am stronger, more empathetic, more emotional, more alive, happier and more excited about life than I have been in a long time.  I'm also still scared, still dealing with the fear of the future, but if I've learned anything - it's that we are all stronger than we know.  I love this book and can't wait to get all the way through it, but I'm reading it slowly, it's one of those books I will underline and re-read.  

No comments: