Monday, February 20, 2012

Three weeks and counting

One of the reasons I haven't written in awhile is that I have been on jury duty for the past three weeks.  We started on January 31st, in the same courthouse I went to numerous times for my divorce...that alone was challenging.  We sat in a room for four days, thirty of us, waiting for the lawyers to decide on the members of the jury.  It's a civil case and they needed only 6 jurors and 2 alternates.  I've heard that the case is pretty much decided by the make-up of the jury.

We listened to the evidence for two weeks and just started deliberating this past Friday afternoon.  All I can say is all hell broke loose in the jury room.  And that's all I can say.

This has been a very intense and fascinating experience AND I'm so ready to be finished.

An update will come when it's all over.  All I can say is thank God I have swing dancing.  I live for my classes and workshops.  It's given me so much pleasure and so much fun.  I'm thinking about learning the tango next! 

 

No comments: