Wednesday, December 8, 2010

A year and a half

Slowly, I feel my life is coming together.  It's kind of amazing how that happens...almost without being aware of it, I have started to realize that I'm feeling happier, less emotional.  In some ways, I really enjoyed the emotion - it felt good to be able to cry whenever I felt like it, or needed to cry.  Now it comes unexpectedly, as it did during the news last night, when they reported Elizabeth Edwards' death, that made me cry.  I feel so sorry for her kids.  Life isn't fair, it doesn't play out the in the ways we think it should and often people, including her son, Wade, die too young and in shockingly unexpected ways.  I hope that her family will find some peace eventually, knowing she is out of pain and that her kids will always remember her. 

Anyway, I'm working again in real estate, with a fantastic woman and our office is like a little family.  We have some great clients and I enjoy meeting so any new people all the time.  

The best news is that my play is going to have a staged reading in April with most of the same cast who performed it at the Berkshire Playwrights Lab in July 2009.  The director is Matt Penn and he is a terrific director.  Fortuntely it's far enough away that I don't have to start panicking. Yet. There will be some panicking, hopefully not until at least March.

I'm sad about the state of the world, but there's not much I can do about that.  I'm disappointed in our President and our government and I hope that Sudan's imminent election doesn't lead to a war, and that the fighting in the Congo ends, and that the world's economy picks up and there are so many problems now - but for right now - I just feel grateful to be alive.

1 comment:

Zen Mama said...

Hi Robin - I've been out of it for a bit, just surviving you know. I'm so happy for your play and for the grace time has allotted you. I have been watching for many months now to see you get to this place. Keep pushing forward and imagining all your dreams coming true.