Wednesday, December 29, 2010

On a good note

I don't really have much to say except that life is good today and I am so grateful.  I read this quote this morning:

"There is one thing in this world you must never forget to do.  Human beings come into this world to do particular work.  That work is their purpose, and each is specific to the person.  If you forget everything else and not this, there's nothing to worry about.  If you remember everything else and forget your true work, then you will have done nothing with your life." 

Rumi

I love that quote. For me writing comedy and hearing an audience laugh is my life's work.  It's not so easy to get an audience, but still I write and hope that someday I will be doing my life's work and audiences will be there laughing.  I also hope that with that spoon full of sugar, there is more to it than simple laughter, but really also some worthwhile things to say.  Suddenly I sound very Jewish, like a Rabbi or something.  What is that?  Anyway, I am Jewish so I guess it's not such a big surprise.  Just the Rabbi part. 

It's almost the end of 2010, a year of so much transition and change and it definitely feels like it was so much better than the previous year, in so many ways.  

So hopefully, we will all remember why we are here and even if we can't all do what we feel is our true work, we will know it and look for opportunities to do it. 

No comments: