Tuesday, September 21, 2010

LSD

"LSD" as in laughter, singing and dancing.

The other day, my loftmate Abigail and I, and six other people (I won't call us all dancers) performed a dance as part of a service at Judson Memorial Church, which is Abigail's church.  We danced to Queen's "Don't Stop Me Now."  It was ridiculously fun and Judson has a long history of dance performances by both famous dancers (Twyla Tharp) and not famous (us).  I had exactly two rehearsals -- and it was a bit scary, but so much fun!

And - I'm embarrassed to recommend yet another book, but I will. This one is called "Reinventing Yourself" - How to Become the Person You've Always Wanted to Be - by Steven Chandler. Steve Chandler coined the LSD phrase.  I found the book because Mama Gena (Regena Thomashauer) the woman whose fantastic workshop I took, recommended it.  She works with Steve as her career coach and she managed to turn her life around after a very challenging divorce.  I picked up the book and it has so many great messages - the first one being about "victim" vs. "owner" of your life.  A victim lives a comfortable life, safe job, doesn't take risks.  An owner takes many chances, tests himself, fails often, picks him/herself up and continues on, taking more chances. It's definitely a scarier, but much more interesting way to live. 



 

2 comments:

S. Nethery said...

are YOU in this video?????because I cannot 'find' you!!!
xoSusie

Robin Amos Kahn said...

Yes, I am there. I'm wearing a red sleeveless top, mostly on the right - towards the end, I'm second from the right, next to Aidan, the great dancer.