Well, the sun is shining so that's a good way to start the week. I haven't written in a long time and honestly, it's because I haven't had anything particularly interesting or entertaining to say. I've also been suffering from lack of employment, marital stress, parental insanity, the mess the world is in and winter blahs.
Also, one of my dear friends is starting a new regimen of chemo today. This is something like the umpteenth time. I guess the good news is that she's alive, she hasn't given up. She has throat cancer and though the doctors have been wanting to do a larynectomy for a long time, she has been firm in wanting to continue trying new treatments. I pray for her. She is a dear friend.
I think I'm also in the final stages of withdrawal from my obsession with Bush/Cheney and counting the days until they pack up and leave Washington. I read Maureen Dowd's column yesterday and it made me hate Cheney even more than I did, which I wasn't sure was possible.
I'm reminding myself to breathe and to remember all that I am grateful for. I'll share a few things on my list:
1. My friends, family and my dogs (something I have in common with Mickey Rourke)
2. My health
3. My ipod
4. Spring is coming in something like 10 weeks
5. I stopped eating sugar a week ago and can fit comfortably into my jeans again
6. Also cut down on caffeine and have had fewer headaches
7. My mother has an aide and I don't have to see her all the time (I'm being honest here)
10. A new administration
I don't know if you've made a list lately, but it's a good exercise. I try to do it at least once a week, even if I'm in a terrible mood.