Thursday, July 10, 2014

Paris again and Sweden








There's something about Paris and the Luxembourg Gardens that simply make me happy.  As soon as I arrive in Paris, I run over to the Gardens and just walk around until I find my favorite spots to sit and take in all the beauty.  

I just spent several days in Paris and though it had some difficult moments for me -- many reminders of being there when we were a family -- and this time I was alone, I found ways to enjoy most of my time there.  

It was definitely one of those AND experiences.  I love Paris, it makes me so happy to be there -- AND I wish I was in love or that my daughter, Zoe, had been able to come with me.  It's not a great place to be alone.  I still managed to enjoy myself and take some long, beautiful walks all over the city and see friends and eat lots of good food.

I also went up to Sweden for a job.  That was amazing!  Right up near the Arctic Circle to a city called Lulea.  It was a fantastic trip that came as a complete surprise.

As the character of the mother in my play says, "Life surprises."  I am grateful for most of the surprises that show up in my life.  And learning how to really be in the moment, helps so much.  (I'm still working on that).  



Lulea, Sweden.  July 2014

2 comments:

hastings said...

The photo looks like a painting!

Alex said...

Thank you for sharing your time, your knowledge and your wonderful blog!!! Thank you., More Blessings and *GOD BLESS*
Review Minor’s counsel