Tuesday, October 16, 2012

A little bit of muck

I was talking to a friend earlier, who was feeling down. I was glad I called, it's good to be able to listen when someone is feeling blue. I suggested that she might want to go for a walk to feel better, as I was doing and then I remembered that the truth is, this is life and we aren't supposed to always feel great. I'm sitting in the muck right now, feeling worried about the election, the economy, my own future, my daughter, my poor old dog, Lucy, who isn't doing all that well. I am sitting in some sadness and worry and it's perfectly okay.

I saw a story on Rock Center about the Daily Show and how there are several dogs who come to work with their owners. They said it really helps everyone to cheer up when they can pet the dogs.

So here's my dog, Lucy, from several years ago, wearing a $6,000 sapphire, emerald and 24 carat gold necklace. She looks very royal, doesn't she?  (The necklace does not belong to me!) 

Please let President Obama do a good job at tonight's debate...please.

2 comments:

hastings said...

thank god she didn't pee on the necklace - what a regal photo tho!

Robin Amos Kahn said...

She was a beauty back then.