Saturday, January 29, 2011

A day at a time, again

Last week, it looked like Lola (lot of L's there) wasn't going to survive the weekend and she is still here.  She perked up all week and though she's sleeping a lot, she's got a great appetite and she still loves affection.  Right now, she's sleeping on a little bed in my room and doesn't seem to want to move.  My heart hurts when I look at her and I am also so grateful for each day we have together.  

This was a good week.  My friends Karen, Abigail and I had a lovely meeting with a Mama Gena friend who is a Broadway producer. She couldn't have been more generous with her time and gave us great information.  And then yesterday, I helped a client find the most perfect apartment in a gorgeous building in Greenwich Village.  It's one of those celebrity buildings, or as my client's daughter calls them "The Famouses."  We went out to lunch at Otto afterward to celebrate.  She's a widow who has no interest in dating and I'm starting to enjoy dating.  She was married to a truly great man, a brilliant author and a very kind person.  I'm grateful to be working in fields that enable me to meet such fantastically interesting people just about every day!

No comments: