Saturday, February 14, 2009

I think I've been abducted by aliens

It's February 14th, 2009. Two years ago I spent this entire day stuck on a Jet Blue plane, sitting on a runway at JFK in an ice storm. We boarded the plane bound for Los Angeles at 6:30 am and they let us off the plane at 4 pm. You do the math. It was a long day.

The following day I arrived at the Jet Blue terminal at 8 am and sat in a crowded terminal waiting for pilots and crews to arrive so that planes could take off. We finally boarded a flight at 3:30 pm.

We've had approximately seven weeks of winter already and I haven't contemplated buying a ticket to some island in the Caribbean, never to be seen again. My normal bout of Seasonal Affect Disorder has not occurred...so far. And we have only five weeks left until the start of spring.

The country is a mess, the world is in crisis, a plane crashed yesterday in Buffalo, I could go on and on, but I won't. There are plenty of personal issues that keep me awake at night. Despite the lack of sleep, I still feel optimistic. Maybe it's simply because George Bush and Dick Cheney have left Washington. Yay!!! Truthfully, although I think he was a lazy and terrible President, I can't hate George. Dick, I hate.

Anyway, as I was saying, I am feeling relatively optimistic and maybe it's because I added caffeine to my diet again. Life is short, have a cup of coffee. Or tea. Whatever you like.


No comments: